02-03-2009, 10:30 PM   #47
dcstep
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
I've got a Hyundai Azera Limited and a Hyundai Santa Fe Limited parked next to my 2009 E92 M3. They're all great cars. The M3 is my daily driver and the Santa Fe is my wife's. The Azera carries clients occasionally. So far, no Hyundai will stick with the M3, but...

Did anyone see the Speed Channel special about making commercials about the Genesis Coupe? It looks like a Nissan-style car with the V-8 from the Genesis sedan. Reis Millan was burning up the track for the commercial shoot. I thought it would air for the Super Bowl, but apparently they decided to save that powder for later. (The HYUNDAI shouting commercial was classic and served the whole brand).

BTW, J.D. Power called my wife tonight to see what she thought about a recent routine service visit. She raved on. The Azera is an '06 and the Santa Fe is an '07 and all we've done is change the oil. I'd recommend a Hyundai to any secure friend that I knew was not too hung up on marque. Hyundai's sales were up in January by 14% with Toyota, Ford, GM and Chrysler down from 35% to 65%. (Didn't see BMW numbers, but they were down in 2008).

I remember when BMW was an economy car. I bought a VW Beetle in 1967 because I couldn't afford the extra $15 per month for the BMW 1600 sedan. Oh well...$65,000 later I've got a BMW that I love.

Let's not all be hatin' "Bimmer Boys" and realize that there are lots of other great cars in the world.

Dave
Appreciate 0