View Single Post
      03-04-2011, 06:27 PM   #26
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralOut View Post
Went to track yesterday and they performed awesome. My friend has a Z06 and has been doing HPDE's for a while and he was very impressed when he rode with during one session. They were very consistent from the beginning of the session to the end. This combined with my move to the Nitto NT01's took about 10 seconds off my lap times. Now getting running about 2:20 around VIR full which is pretty good for a 335 I think.
They have a Z06 fitment too...

Combined with high grip R-comps or Slicks is where the floating discs really shine, not only does it let you brake harder, longer, and more consistent, it let's you take full advantage of the R-comp's additional grip by dissipating all that heat in a more manageable way.

I remember the first time I ran with R-Comps on "track pads" the result wasn't pretty. I'd have brake for about half a dozen laps, and then all of a sudden they'd go away despite it being "track" pads. With R-Comps speed is increase all around and therefore there's a ton more heat to dissipate.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0