01-15-2013, 05:01 PM   #136
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigworm000 View Post
Awesome to see such longetivity in a BMW. I think the fact that it didn't have turbos (sorry 335ers) and is a manual is helping your cause.

As for those who are jumping on the BMW longetivity bandwagon and saying this proves something are not really thinking like scientists. One data point doesnt really prove anything. This guy has a freaking lift in his house! Obviously it was maintained well. And his mileage seems to be pretty easy-going, so I wouldn't jump to any assumptions regarding how long BMW's usually last.

I do plan on keeping mine for over 150k and will hopefully follow the "Mike Miller" maintenance plan, but am willing to do most of the work myself. Let's hope more people post about their 200k+ mileage reports though!
Okay, I need to respond to this. Earlier in the thread I described my commute. It is not an easy all highway affair. I hammer my car a lot on back roads every day and drive it like a BMW not a Lexus. Second, the lift just makes the maintenance work easier, not better. Third, as mentioned earlier this is my 3rd high mileage BMW, and my 4th high mileage car over all.
Appreciate 0