10-01-2012, 05:02 PM   #28
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
You're already looking into changing the sub? Hifonics are damn cool man I love them, courtesy of Sumil Lol. Some guy I know is offering me a 12" FI SSD or something sub for around £180 barely used! That's a lot cheaper than a 12w7 so it'll be interesting to see which route I eventually take but very keen to hear an FI / RE compared to JL w7.

If you could fire thr sub through the skit hatch / rear arm rest, into the cabin, the SQ you get will be outstanding! The other thing you could do is dynamat the boot lid.

Sam,
£180 is good price for FI sub. If I am not wrong, you already have secured JL 12W7.

12" sub which I looked was 1000W RMS @ 2 ohms and if I go for that, I will be underpowering it with this amp at 850W RMS @ 2 ohms. But worth of looking into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
If you could fire thr sub through the skit hatch / rear arm rest, into the cabin, the SQ you get will be outstanding! The other thing you could do is dynamat the boot lid.
Going to add dynamat at later stage, once I am settled with this. I may just get rid of it. In all honesty, this is surplus to my music system. These two are most expensive components in my sound system (or at least, one is equivalent to 2 SWS-8s) and yet they are creating lots of noise.