05-01-2010, 10:13 PM   #52
UAP1
www.UltimateAutoPortal.co m
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i. Few mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod182 View Post
Okay, so lined up with a Black SRT8 Challenger for about 3 runs from a stop, and a couple roll-ons. He would sometimes get a jump, but wouldn't pull at all. And if I got the jump from the start, he couldn't catch me. But damn, the thing seemed pretty fast. I thought I would take him. It was then that I noticed the supercharger whine. Kind of like a terminator, but not as shrill. When we came to a stop and talked, I realized it was the same guy that was dynoing his car where I buy my meth. He had just put the blower on a couple of months ago. Must have been a roots style blower, or Maggie. No wonder!

But this is what its all about. He thought I was easy prey. Then when he found out my car was just as quick as his, he was wondering WTF. He did have a passenger. But he also had twice the displacement and not twice the weight obviously. In fact after the 2nd race, we rolled down our windows and the passenger said "damn, that car is pretty fast!" Not bad for JB3/DCI, 91 octane, full weight.

Now if I was driving a Corvette and beat him, it wouldn't have been half the fun!
That is EXACTLY what it is all about! Outstanding story and run Hotrod!
Appreciate 0