View Single Post
      09-13-2010, 09:38 PM   #1
cheechman7
Still learning
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92

Front bump removal, broken adaptive headlamp, Cold weather washer springs

I am blacking out my lower grills. I suppose i should've done more research prior to my attempt. Popping out the middle was no problem, sides were an issue, then i couldnt get the middle back in. Decided to pull off the bumper...took me about 40minutes, but 20minutes was identifying the 2 screws under plastic within the wheel well.
I should've read more on the subject... http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...=353504&page=3

For about 10 days i have been prompted with "adaptive headlamp malfunction" as i am pulling off the bumper for the first time, i look over the headlight connections and notice 1 of the 2 upper plastic brackets has become crack across the middle. I will finish my black grills, place the bumper back on and bring it in for them to troubleshoot the diagnosis on the lamps.

How do you get the headlamp washer plastic guards unsprung when removing the bumper? I ruined 2 springs on one before realizing the de-clipping from the car end. But now, going into reinstall, i am concerned re-attaching the spring is going to be very difficult!
Appreciate 0