View Single Post
      02-12-2014, 03:20 PM   #1302
Siraj
Registered
Rep
Drives: Wifes toyota auris

Conmen/salesmen at big motoring world

These guys are a con! My recent experience with them exposes how they deceive people into engaging with them. Anyone can verify this. Its simple. They advertise a car on autotrader at a significantly lower price. The same car is then advertised according to its actual sale price on carshop. If you ring enquiring about the car, they tell u that they are holding a deposit on it and offer you other similar cars at a much higher price. The car i caught them out on is a 730d m sport. AO10JNK. It is advertised on autotrader for 18k. Same car advertised on carshop for 22k. I rang the sales team. They have absolutely no manners or customer service skills. They sound like rough scallies to be honest. No professionalism.

Anyway, the guy claims the car in question is holding a deposit. So i ask how much did it sell for. He avoided answering and offered me a list of other cars. Sl i asked again how much the car went for. He claims he doesnt have access to it as its not on his list. How bizaare. He says it sold for the advertised price. So i asked what the advertised price is and he replied its the price that its advertised at lol. I think there is a significant difference between a car advertised at 18k and being offered an alternative at 22k. I dont for one minute believe someone has a deposit on it. Its offered as bait...a red herring. They want you to go into the dealership so that then they can put pressure on you. Something needs to be done about this deceit.
Appreciate 0