View Single Post
      07-14-2009, 10:32 AM   #1
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 AWD M3 Comp - SMB

Exclamation Water damaged amp, going to dealer for the first time... (video)

Long story short... I had some body work done (driver side, rear quarter). The shop did some wrong wrench turnin' and created a leak... when it rains water gets down to where the OEM amp is in the trunk. They tried to fix the problem 3 times to no avail so the shop is sending my car to the BMW dealer to replace the amp and fix the problem for good.

After 30k miles this will be my first time to the dealer. Fully modded, didn't bother taking anything off the car because I don't really care about the warranty.

So my question is... after replacing the amp and fixing the problem, do you think they'll update the software? I'm still pre-29.2, and although I don't really care if they update it, i am curious.

And now, for your entertainment... this is what happens when your amp has water damage:

the craziest thing is that it happens even when the car is completely off:

the videos don't do it justice, it's EXTREMELY loud and i think has blown the rear speakers. One day I was sitting in my house and hurt the popping sound coming from the car all the way outside doors shut....
Appreciate 0