06-13-2013, 03:07 PM   #149
dwells
ಠ_ಠ
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazmonkee View Post
I've actually had one of the v3 amber bulbs fail on me, more likely due to the lifetime usage than any actual manufacturing defects.
CREE LED emitters are rated for 50,000 hours minimum, and that's just until the LED reaches less than half brightness. Therefore, a bulb failing was due to a manufacturing issue, not just dying out from normal use. Even if your driving only has an average speed of 10 mph, the bulb should have lasted a half million miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazmonkee View Post
You guys all drive BMWs. They're expensive in all aspects, including quality aftermarket parts. If you're going to complain about paying a few hundred dollars for a quality product and superb service, go to eBay.
This attitude is the reason we all get screwed from vendors who have absolutely insane markups/profit margins. The fact that the car the part is being applied to happens to have a roundel on the hood makes no impact on how expensive it is to manufacture the part. I'm not bashing Lux in particular here, but the vendors in general, especially since they tend to all carry the same parts made in China.