View Single Post
      08-30-2007, 06:42 PM   #244
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktekniq View Post
so for being lazy and not wanting to apply so many layers of different zaino, using the z-aio would do the job? i got a little confused when you say "polishes," so z-aio isn't wax?
Terms often get thrown around pretty loosely, but technically, no Zaino product has a wax in it, they are all polymer sealants.

A polish is a product that cleans the paint and removes imperfections either by chemical cleaners in the polish or with abrasive particles.

An all in one product, aka AIO, will polish and protect, so there are cleaners (chemical or abrasive) and protectants (polymers or waxes). Z-AIO is a combination of mild abrasives and polymers.

Back to your question, if you are looking for a 1 step product from Zaino, then Z-AIO is your choice IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
I guess that's really what I'm looking for, something to PROTECT the metal/chrome. PB wheel sealant will hold up to the heat on the pipes? I've always liked the BlueJob for polishing the surfaces, but with all the fertilizer in the air around me, and I never had anything to apply after the BJ to protect.

Maybe Wheel and Tire #7?
Yes, this would be a great product combination for your chrome and metal. OC 335i is correct in saying that almost any sealant will help protect your metal, however, Poorboy's Wheel Sealant is formulated specifically to withstand higher temperatures as well as being optimized specifically for metal surfaces.

I think you'll be very pleased with that product combination you selected. Let us know how you make out and what you end up going with.

George
Appreciate 0