thegrinchboy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 335xi, '18 X1, '21 M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazysk8er View Post
thegrinchboy i like the drop better in the 2nd pic, and nice m193 rims. definitely wanna hear your feedbacks when you fix your blown koni.

what you guys think about replacing with ZSP springs with stock xi shocks? too bouncy? also will 335xi coupe sports springs give 328xi a drop too?
Thanks. The 193M was part of the MSport package. I am considering swapping them out and going square instead. Anyhow, the advanced replacement was quick but Koni sent me a shock from 2010 lot build (judging from the label). Got to wonder if that was a rebuilt shock...

I would advise against swapping just the spring as the overall damper travel would be too great in comparison to the shorten springs, and you would be more susceptible to hitting the bumpstops on large bumps or road unevenness, e.g. the dreaded explosion.

Unfortunately, there is no actual OEM 335xi coupe "sport" springs. All xDrive uses the same suspension components as non-sport RWD vehicles. To swap to ZSP springs, you can match the D# (sport) with the C# (xDrive/non-sport) as a direct replacement, as some people have suggested, or full on research... You need to figure what options and transmission was part of the donor car configuration and how it compares to yours. Right off the bat, I would say that 335 springs are probably too stiff for the 328 as there is a weigh difference, therefore you may not see a drop, especially in the front.
Appreciate 0