02-04-2008, 04:52 PM   #23
Lassaxi
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: April ED - E90 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by anerbe View Post
A question for you ED guys. Since you have MSRP from US, and an MSRP from ED, are you able to bargain down the ED prices as much as the US price? Can I take the US Invoice, and subtract the MSRP differences to get a ED invoice? I just want to avoid the possibility of getting a deal on ED close to its MSRP, when I could have bargained down a US delivery for the same price.
In my experience, it was easier to bargain the ED price than a regular US delivery. There could be many reasons for this, but one reason is likely that for a 3er, ED cars tend not to come out of the dealer's allocation. Every ED car they sell is basically free money for them because there is virtually no opportunity cost.

Most people will suggest that you bargain from invoice up, rather than MSRP down. A good rule of thumb is that ED prices are generally 7% less than their U.S. equivalents, so just multiply the U.S. price by 0.93 to get the ED price. Remember that the ED discount only applies to the base price of the car- options are the same price no matter where you take delivery.

So, if you want to know the ED invoice price of your car, either look at the pricing sheets that are available on this forum, or get the base U.S. delivery invoice price for the model you want, and multiply by 0.93. Then add in the invoice price for the options you want (which will be the same price for US and European delivery). That will basically get you to the ED invoice price of your car. Add in $600-$1200 for dealer profit (depending on model and local market conditions), and you have your target price.

Last edited by Lassaxi; 02-05-2008 at 04:56 AM..
Appreciate 0