mesier1111
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe, titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikkashoe View Post
You have the workflow right.

Couple tips:

1. Instead of using z7 while claying, I use Z6, I find it easier to work with and it makes the surface alot slicker. Its all about personal preferance, try them both out and pick which one you prefer. Also with z6, I dont have to rewash the car, just make sure you wipe it all off and do small sections, 2 by 2 foot sections. Generally you will find the only areas that require clay are the hood, trunk, roof and the tops of both bumpers, basically all horizontal surfaces. The rear bumper in particular gets abused, our brakes really pump out alot of brake dust.

2. If the car is brand new and you dont have any swirls, I would skip using z5 and just put a couple coats of z2. 3 coats in one day is what they recommend. z6 in between each coat, in my case i use Z8 grand finale spray!!! Remember with z2, apply front to back on the hood, roof and trunk, on the sides of the car, up and down. When removing, if you notice its a bit tough to remove the product, spray the towel you are using with z6. Avoid this by not putting too much z2 on.

3. I usually will put one coat of z2 a month afterwards.

4. Put z2 on the wheels, helps when cleaning and removing brake dust.

Have fun and post pics of your detail job!!
+1!!!
Appreciate 0