View Single Post
      02-07-2017, 05:20 AM   #14
Shotputted
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335i Le Mans Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Horns! View Post
Do you have the input sensitivity switched to high or low? When switched to low, the sensitivity goes from 2 volts to 200mv. At high it is 8 volts to 800mv. So if you have it set at low and the input sensitivity all the way down, then the amplifier makes max power when it receives a 2-volt signal.

The HiFi system doesn't get north of 3 volts until very high volumes (http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=694705).

So if you use the low setting and turn the sensitivity all the way down, you should not clip the amplifier if you keep the volume below 2/3rd of max.

The other way you could do it is to use the high setting, put the sensitivity at around 1 o'clock. And then turn down the sensitivity from there to blend the speakers.

For what it is worth, my amplifier's sensitivity goes from 3.5 volts to 200 mv, and I have all my gains set at their lowest setting.
Interesting thank you. I have the v1 of this amp that does not have high and low settings. Mine is 100 mV to 4 V. It looks like i can safely reach nearly full blast without exceeding 4 V but hopefully I'm not listening to it nearly that loud. I don't think there's any way of knowing the output voltage of the amp at a given gain without a voltmeter. I read that someone else did the measurement and arrived at 10oclock for a desired 4 ohm speaker voltage. But again I'm not sure what HU volume they used because there is no indicator.
Appreciate 0