View Single Post
      12-14-2005, 02:23 PM   #1
thunderbirdsarego
Private
Rep
Drives: 330xi

Question How to install Sirius in car w/o satellite prep? (via CD changer port?)

Well good news and not so good news!

My E90 has finished production but I requested satellite prep too late so they were not able to add it (don't get me started on this - it was never offered to me as an option originally besides which just how you can sell a 40K luxury sedan without all the cabling in place is beyond me...).

Anyway, I spend about 6 hours per week driving outside of radio coverage and am very keen to get Sirius and also keen to have it integrated via the main head.

I've heard that to do this you need the satellite prewire which essentially adds an extra optical port and a connection to the shark fin (I do have bluetooth/BMW assist). However, since I do NOT have the CD changer, I am guessing that there should be spare port which the changer would have used that I could plug the satellite receiver into?

Does anyone know whether there really is a spare port if you don't get the CD changer option? And if yes, has anyone tried to use the changer port for satellite receiver connection?

I realise that the satellite receiver in the case of pre-wire ends up in the trunk (where is the CD changer?) but the location is of no consequence to me. I just need my CBC radio !!

Thoughts? Comments? Jokes?
Appreciate 0