ALPINE6SPD
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 328i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by torino2005 View Post
Hello,
I have 07 335xi, premium/sports package and it’s my second 3 series.
Very rough ride for my kids, I’m entertaining the idea to go for the new facelift instead, I have owners choice and trade in would be a viable option.
I contacted my CA and he gave me a lecture about the current economy, etc and the car wouldn’t retain value, I see the same spec for sale –pre owned- goes from 49-50K (Canadian) online, he’s offering 36K for the trade in, it’s a big surprise for me that the car would lose 40% in the first year!
This means it’s way better to do a lease now, it’s less expensive to get out of a lease, even with extra mileage than finance.
Suggestions, anyone encountered such a situation and have an experience selling the car outside the dealership in Canada, it’s a bit of a risk to do such a transaction outside the dealership.
All the help appreciated.
Thanks
Simple answer for you. It seems likke you fell the car is worth thousands more than the dealer says. If this is the case you should have NO PROBLEM selling it on your own. People should knock your door down if you have to sell it being that its worth so much more than the delaer says and you cant still get more than the delaership. Sell on your own. I have NEVER traded a car in and I sell cars. I have sold every single car I have owned MYSELF. Simple as that.
2008 AW X3 3.0si: 6 speed Returned
2006 AW e90 330i: 6 speed Dinan Stage 1 Returned
Appreciate 0