View Single Post
      10-15-2011, 03:32 AM   #7
spirocheter
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F11 535d, E90 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchun View Post
i know that i cant make thousand of miles in cyprus , i also drive 2007 jeep grand cherokee 3.0 CRD which has quite the power and economy at the same time.
i admit that when it comes to better fuel consuption you have to drive more high ways and long runs, but i quess still 335d brings better fuel economy than the 335i specially on short trips and city driving,

plus i love diesel torque speacially with the remap

do you think driving 335d in cyprus would harm the engine of 335d?
You may end up with DPF problems, I certainly love diesel power delivery more than petrol, but would still buy petrol over diesel for short distances. My friend had an X3 2.0d which he drove around Manchester in. I'm not quite sure what happened, though the dngine got coked up so bad it had to be replaced, fortunately under warranty. The bigger six pot engines are barely ticking over at speeds up to sixty. There were problems with inlet manifold valves getting coked then being ingested by the engines, which can be somewhat expensive. If you add something like Millers detergent if you don't have access to premium diesel like Shell or BP, I have heard the lifespan of the catalyst in the DPF is shortened.

If you've not already, test drive a 335I, they too have a tonne of torque, and you can go further with tuning (mind you, I'd personally get an M3 then instead which can be had for very reasonable money).
Appreciate 0