View Single Post
      07-29-2012, 01:03 PM   #18
.b0link
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 LMB 135i

Wow...been an interesting few weeks. The drama off the track is sometimes more interesting than what goes on, on the track. That being said, I think that next season will mark a downward spiral of MotoGP. I have steadily been losing interest in GP and focusing more on WSBK and Moto2 & 3.

Recent Developments...

Factory Honda Confirmed:
-Pedrosa
-Marquez

Factory Yamaha Confirmed:
-Lorenzo
-Open Seat

Factory Ducati Confirmed:
-Nicky Hayden
-Open Seat

LCR Honda
-Bradl

Tech 3 Yamaha
-Bradley Smith

San Carlo Gresini Honda
-Open Seat

So of note, the following riders are without contract at the moment:

-Val Rossi
-Dovisioso
-Spies
-Cal Crutchlow
-Alvaro Bautista

Val Rossi- No one knows what he has up his sleeve. With Spies recent announcement to voluntarily leave Yamaha, many are predicting he will get the factory Yamaha seat.

Ben Spies- Really surprised everyone by announcing his voluntarily vacancy of his factory seat with Yamaha. He inferred that he has plans and a direction to be going. Many are slating him for a WSBK return riding a BMW. The other leading rumor is that he will be heading up Suzukis return to GP.

Dovisioso- Has been very vocal about his displeasure with factory Yamaha, that he has been led on. With him being upset, this sort of strengthens the Rossi return to Yamaha rumor.

Cal Crutchlow- Even before Nicky was confirmed, Cal was in serious negotiations with Ducati to take a factory seat. With Ducatis recent and sudden announcement of Nickys extension for next year, this also points towards Rossi leaving, if Ducati is in fact still in negotiations with Cal

Bautista- Haven't heard a thing?

It will be interesting to see how things pan out til next season, however if Spies is indeed leaving, and Dovi may end up doing the same if screwed over. No one knows what the format will be next year in regards to CRT, and overall the entertainment value has steadily declined. If it heads the direction I think it is going, they will be losing a fan for sure. There is simply just too much racing that is worlds better to be watching.

Rossi and Lorenzo as team mates again would be GPs ONLY saving grace, however, if Rossi stays Ducati, rest assured it is another nail in the coffin. In that same thought, I really don't care to watch a Lorenzo VS Rossi battlefest all season, however I do not think Rossi has it in him to consistently fight for the win every race anymore.

Anyone else have similar sentiments?
Appreciate 0