09-30-2012, 01:59 PM   #512
Aufwiedersehen
Registered
Rep
Drives: 330d Coupe 09 - loaded

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by no golf clubs View Post
Had it with these wheels and BMW not paying out for anything above this 2mm level.

Awaits new car.
I've had 6 very happy years with an 07 325d and an 09 330d coupe. The 325 had the standard wheel which gave me no problems but the 330 has the 19 inch optional wheel, which this year alone has cost me a fortune for 3 new rear tyres and two new rear wheels.

Wheel one was spotted when the car was serviced a couple of weeks ago and then last week wheel two failed when I was in northern France, taking the tyre out with it.

BMW replaced the first wheel but not the second (at least not yet) because it has failed the run-out test.

I've had the car from almost new and apart from our excellent road surfaces ( I know that I've done nothing to cause any damage to either wheel.

Really disappointed with BMW's response - I think that they must know that there's an issue with this wheel and I think they should have been a little more proactive in doing something about it. This thread has only served to confirm my worst fears.

I was awaiting the release of the 4 series and I'll no doubt still enjoy looking when it eventually gets here. But my money will not be heading to the local BMW dealership - I've bought a Golf GTD and when the 220ps Mk7 turns up, I'll be buying one of those too!

I've concluded that a BMW out of warranty is just not a sensible proposition for a private owner.
Appreciate 0