11-16-2011, 01:38 PM   #8
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
100-200 will not be enough to buy the whole meal for say 10 people... I just noticed you never said how many people you are feeding. I would really recommend making your own sides. The sides are the easiest part and they are always more delicious if you make them yourself. Boil some potatoes/sweet potatoes. You can saute or even bake/roast some string beans with a little olive oil and garlic. Just look up some recipes online and you will see how easy it will be.

If you want to do it... then do it the right way. Except for the turkey.. fuck that. I will never attempt to make a turkey again.
Feeding 5-8 I think. We're budgeting around $25/person. I'd love to make this all myself, but just thinking of all the mise en place makes me cringe. I'd want to do it the right way if I made it myself. Way too much prep and clean up. Especially if we end up doing it at my house. I don't want to deal with the aftermath.

I'll give making the sides myself some more thought...

Edit: Just found out we'll be doing this the Saturday after Thanksgiving too. Will this pose any problem for me on the catering side?
Appreciate 0