oshusttoley
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@TopGearSolutions
Quote:
Originally Posted by oshusttoley View Post
i wish i went with the dmfw. but i read so many people saying that the chatter is "not that bad". clearly ones opinion of comparison should not always be listened to because i think it is BAd lol
I got heads and a big cam on my z06 and people on the forums said, "it's not the bad", "it's practical", "daily driveable" ETC ETC

It was nearly a $7000 mistake. I wish I put that money into a blower. What I've learned with modding is you need to take opinions from forums with a grain of salt and do your best to gain real world experiences if possible.

I think changing the transmission fluid as recommended above will help with the chatter. Without having real experience with it locally it still is a cheaper alternative that may fix the problem.

For anyone else looking into the Spec 2+, I only recommend the SMFW if you plan on going over 500WHP. If not stay with the DMFW, unless you either plan on rolling the dice or hoping changing the transmission fluid will help with the chatter.
You said it best. Today I took it out on the highway and in pleased to say going 80mph in 6th gear, no vibration or any unwanted noises. I am very pleased with this. I love how the clutch feels very grabby and always feels like it's ready to be floored. I can't wait until the break in period is over . I already ordered new fluid and hopefully this will help. I put about 100 miles on city driving. The noise had def gone down a lot. And people were right, with the ac on, YOU DEF hear the chatter a lot louder lol.