View Single Post
      05-01-2013, 06:43 PM   #1
Tronner
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

Before I go tearing my new lpfp out, any other options? Car dying constantly.

I had a Walbro installed about 3 weeks ago at a reputable local shop. Ran about 1 tank of 91, then 1 1/2 tanks of e85 through it. A week ago I came home from a trip and the car had been sitting outside for 5 days and it was very cold. With the e85 not liking cold weather it took about 10 minutes and several cranks for it to start, but it finally did. However once it did start it stumbled and sputtered for a minute or two. Two days ago after running the e85 low I switched back over to the 91 octane map (done by Jake at PTF) and it stumbled and quit the first time I started it up. I chalked that up to the little bit of e85 still in there causing something funny.

Today, I was stuck in traffic for an accident and the car was idling for about 10 minutes until it died. Now it will start up, idle for about 15 seconds (I watch lpfp on the COBB go from 18psi or so drops to 9-10) and it dies. Sometimes it throws a cylinder injection shutdown code. Mostly just low fuel pump plausibility and low pressure.

Is there anything it could possibly be other than the lpfp? I'm probably going to have to have it towed back home or to the shop. It won't run long enough to get on the highway right now.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0