View Single Post
      06-20-2011, 06:13 PM   #670
twssas
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340xi, 2018 X5, 2014 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by twssas View Post
Hopefully you will let a E60 owner share his story here.....

Wife took her 2010 535 (7300 miles), into dealer for seat sensor issue. Low and behold
when she picked up car, they had done a HPFP replacement. We had no issues with vehicle to this point. Earlier in the year they had a done a "software" upgrade as part of the recall, and at that point said this was all that was needed.

As is turns out we got a 446 exchange high pressure pump
770 ASA Bolt
LP sensor tested, not changed
Injectors scanned, no change required.

This was done under dcs message 00 59 082 / DC 0013 98 01 00

Got the car back late Friday afternoon, after driving maybe 25 miles , on Saturday afternoon, car was shaking, vibrating, and finally died in the middle of an intersection. Restarted car, really rough trying to get home, and again, died in another intersection. Restarted and finally got it home. Have the engine icon light illuminated.

Will go to dealer tomorrow.

Couple of questions, because I do not know anything about these engines.....when the HPFP is replaced, are the injectors removed then reattached? Also, if injectors are removed, and are not installed in the same location, do they have to be calibrated?

Just wondering if this could be a reassemble issue/technician issue......or something else.
In reading these boards, it appears the 446 pump is a rebuilt pump. BMW says the dealer could also use parts 933 or 170 from their respective centers supply if was a time critical case. So I am guessing 933 and 170 are new pumps, and the 446 is rebuilt.

Anyway....I thought I would post here, as it seems to have the most activity recently of any of the boards with regard to HPFP's

Thanks
Just picked up the car. Here the story: Apparently during the reassembly process, the crankcase vent hose was incorrectly installed. The crankcase hose going to the throttle body was reattached and the fault cleared. So......for the time being....the new HPFP is ok.......but time will tell.
Appreciate 0