07-20-2006, 11:06 AM   #15
Scarabeo
Private First Class
Italy
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBob
How can you possibly blame the Bush administration for our lack of nuclear power? There hasn't been a new plant built since the 1970's. Bush and Cheney have been pushing hard since May 2003 to expand our use of nuclear power only to be thwarted by the Democratic enviro-wackos. Americans want and have cheap fuel, this is evidenced by our low fuel taxes and soldiers are now dying to secure our supply.
As far as I am aware this administration has only recently been making a bit of noise about nuclear power - anyway, I did not blame Bush for a lack of plant building...it's just that they have done absolutely nothing to lessen our dependence on imported oil....we consume about 25 percent of the world's energy - it is now a national security imperative that we alter our energy consumption patterns to bring down the price of oil......and a consumption tax would certainly solve that problem...certainly would encourage people to buy more fuel efficient cars..the days of suburbanites driving SUV's are coming to an end...

Further to my rant, high prices have certainly given countries like Venezuela and Iran leverage they didn't have years ago....
Appreciate 0