View Single Post
      04-30-2014, 01:08 PM   #1
Lazza
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i M-Sport

I'm Back! And Need Advice - 335 Advice Help!!!!!

Hey guys and girls,

I've been BMW less since my E92 was written off.

I have now achieved the holy grail..........new job + car allowance AND FUEL CARD.

It's 335i time people. I have arrived!

Right, so I need advice. I looked at and drove a 2008 manual today. Epic. Simply epic and much preferred it to the auto. BUT I don't really know what gremlins to look out for on these.

I'm in the pre LCI market. The one I looked at today started up ok, but did sound rough / rattley (rattley from one of the exhausts) for say 30 secs. The engine then 'calmed' to idle, although was a bit 'tickey' in the engine department. Noticeably so with the bonnet up.

The car drove very well. The shift was nice and slick. The body work was true and straight. It was a one owner car.

What I'm asking for is your collective advice/knowledge on what to look out for on the 06/07/08/09 pre lci cars.

I'm ready to buy one of these so any help will be great.

Also, just for a laugh I swung by Big Motoring World who according to their website had 2 good examples. Upon arrival it quickly became apparent they did not have these cars. Surprise Surprise. I just reminded them of the thread that's still doing the rounds and laughed at them as I drove away hahaha

Last edited by Lazza; 04-30-2014 at 01:18 PM.. Reason: bold title - visibility
Appreciate 0