Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistryn View Post
IMO there are 2 types of warranty, other warranties from 3rd parties are not worth considering

First one is if you buy from a main BMW dealer and the manufacturar warranty/AUC warranty - as far as I am aware servicing must be done by BMW dealer to retain warranty - however there is some grey area on this as well some say to keep manufacturar warranty you can get it done elsewhere as long as genuine parts and VAT reg due to EU block exemption etc But not certain of this

Secondly, if you take out the BMW extended insured warranted (provided by Mondial not BMW themselves note) then the rule was you car must have full BMW S/H and serviced at BMW. However in the last couple of months there has been some changes and I have confirmation that BMW mondial insured warranty state that you can use a independant garage as long as they use Genuine parts and are VAT registered.
I'm assuming that the Op's referring to the extended warranty,if that is the case I'd agree with the above second paragraph (I'm not disagreeing with the first either )

Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Appreciate 0