02-08-2013, 04:42 PM   #46
DunkinV
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335d Carbon Generator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aducille View Post
Gents,
YES, I expect BMW to stand behind their product... It is completely unacceptable that a less than 2 year old car with 57,000 gently driven highway miles should be experiencing catastrophic engine problems (YES, It's 'catastrophic' when I'm on the highway & lose power).
I'm with you Aducille, and at 57,000 miles I experienced the exact same problem you did: I put it in DS mode, accelerated from 0-60 to merge onto a motorway, black smoke came out the tailpipe, red indicators lit up the dash, I lost engine power and had to swerve out of traffic onto an ice-covered shoulder to avoid an accident.

I'm fine with driving my 335d like I'm The Stig all the time, but BMW never suggested that. I bought my 2010 335d new: 13 miles on the odometer. I followed their recommendations for break-in, for fuel, for maintenance. And shortly after my factory warranty expired parts started failing.

Is my vehicle defective or are their recommendations incorrect? Is my vehicle an isolated case or are others having these issues? Are these BMW’s standards?

I’m not trying to be controversial, but I’m frustrated like Aducille. I expected this thing to turn 100,000 miles in a stable state, ready to go another 100,000. That is not the case, and BMW has not stood behind the product.
Appreciate 0