hav2flynow
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Mineral White 328i Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3l0n View Post
whoa... i felt so alone on this. I thought i was the only one. I have a 7/05 build. I've been pulling over every now and then when i am not in a rush to check out the sound... and have been embarrassed as people who pass by may wonder wtf is wrong with that new bmw (2006 model still is new *2yr form prod date* IMO) I rev the engine.. slowly and aggressively, hoping to fix it. I mean its not so much of a loud sound... its just noticeable when i park sometimes and walk out with the engine on. When i am driving i don't really hear it whether i have music up or down.... when i visit my dealer in 2 weeks I will have them check that out, also I know i do need an oil change. Lets see what happens.. ... but i doubt that would do anything..
I would def get yours checked out right away. Mine was built 4/06 and the problem was already addressed by the time it was built (according to the service dept), but you may have the bad lifters with your earlier build. Mine ticks only in the morning when cold, they say that is normal.
Appreciate 0