View Single Post
      03-02-2007, 08:22 PM   #226
flicks28
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i; 2006 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by klinkerklu View Post
^Right, if you listen very carefully, upon cold start up you may hear suttle noises as things are warming up. If you take your car in to complain about this, they are going to tell you its normal and all cars do this.

However, the audio file posted WAY back somewhere in this thread clearly demonstrates the more pronounced ticking that is freaking out what appears to be quite a few of us.
Because our ~$40K+ BMWs that we are so devoted to SHOULD NOT sound like a diesel truck after driving them around town for 15-30 minutes.
This noise is VERY distinct from the normal faint tapping or ticking the car may make upon cold start up.
The sound in the audio file, which is the same ticking we have, is not normal for any reason. There might be sounds when we cold start, or just turn on our engines, but this tick is by far and away not normal. A McDonalds drive thru worker was the first one to tell me that I had a problem with my car. Unfortunatly she had to repeatedly tell me that as I could hear a word she said as the ticking bounced off the sides of the restuarant.
Appreciate 0