View Single Post
      12-11-2005, 03:09 PM   #1
wchew
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

The weirdest thing happened....story of a lucky escape

Last night I was coming back from San Francisco to Salinas on US-101. It was 4:00am so basically there were very few cars on the road. I was traveling around 85 mph.

I came to a place where there are four lanes and virtually no car in sights, so I thought I'll pull it up to 100 mph...very smooth, very stable. After just about two minutes, I was quickly approaching a SUV in the middle lane, so I changed to left lane, and immediately when I went pass the SUV, to my horror, I saw that the SUV has the word "Sheriff" on it !! I hit the break immediately but I was so much faster than it that I was already about one and a half car length in front of it. The Sheriff SUV flashed me with the spot light on the top...and I thought "I am going to jail this time". I slowed down to 60, waiting for it's siren to come on and I'll stop. After 5 seconds, 10 seconds, no siren. I looked carefully and I think the SUV do not have a siren light (it was very dark, I am not sure about this part). So I slowed down even more to let him drove pass me so that he can give me instruction on what to do. He passed me but didn't do anything...didn't roll down window or give me any hand signal. I didn't know what to do, I just slowly following the car.

After about 3 or 4 miles of following at 65, he went out an exit !! I was like "what?"...so I just kept going and arrived at home safely.

So can someone explain why did I escape ? He definitely know I was travelling super fast because he was driving at 65 and I went passed him like crazy. Personally I think the flash of spot light means this :"I know you are speeding, but since it is 4:00am and no car on the road, I am going to cut you some slack, but please don't do it."

Anyone has any other explaination ?

Last edited by wchew; 12-11-2005 at 07:15 PM..
Appreciate 0