View Single Post
      12-16-2011, 02:08 PM   #14
ZZZZ
Captain
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i winterbeater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooy View Post
It's NOT reset if you turn your ignition off. However, if your battery dies, there's a chance it will be reset.

However, I cannot express this enough: THE POWERBOX IS A MUST HAVE. There are NO DOWNSIDES because you can sell it for exactly what you paid!!!

It's EXTREMELY easy to change maps. I said this before, but I actually do it IN traffic sometimes.
I think you may have missed my point then. I apologize if I didn't explain that clearly.

If the PBX resets if your battery dies, then it must require power at all times to remember what map setting you chose, even in standby mode.

If the OP's Powerbox is forgetting its setting everytime he turns off the car, then there is a good chance that the power connection for the 'standby power' of the Powerbox got disconnected somehow. (bad connection?)

So the PBX works fine once the car is started (when it gets power from the ignition), but when it is in standby mode, it no longer gets power so it forgets which map he chose, and he would have to pick the map again when he starts the car the next time.
Appreciate 0