View Single Post
      05-15-2009, 11:26 AM   #7
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Great advice from everyone who posted, I use the products in the same manner. I typically mist my applicator pads with the slightest bit of distilled water. What I mean by tiny amount is I'll usually use a tiny pump spray bottle, not a trigger, mist the water in the air, then pass my pad through the mist. I find spraying directly onto the pad can make it too damp.

For product removal, I use dry microfiber towels myself and constantly flip to a fresh section of the towel or swap for another towel. The fresher the towel is, the easier it is to remove product streak free. For some harder to remove products, like Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze, I'll use a tiny bit of QD or cold distilled water, using the same misting technique I described above.

As far as direction of the application (circular vs straight lines), if the surface is properly prepped and free of contamination, it shouldn't matter what direction you apply the product in. If you have light contamination on the paint (even some dust) then if you grind the contamination into the surface, you can leave behind imperfections in the direction of the application, which is the argument to apply in straight lines. I find I get much better coverage using circular patterns though.

Hope this helps, thanks again for your support!

George
Appreciate 0