dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///ajd View Post
If I was you I'd insist on seeing the broken arm, and an explanation of how they think it has broken. Then post some pics and get some other opinions. Is it the Alu arm that has cracked/snapped, or an issue where the bushes etc. join the chassis?

Speculating, but it sounds like some specific damage to the arm causing it to fail - if you didn't do it, it begs the question as to whether it was damaged when you bought it. If its not been damaged, then'd you'd have to conclude it must be a manufacturing defect - which is a bit of a worry.

Was it an AUC car?
Whether it was AUC or not, it could have been involved in an accident.

Either way, its scary.. and im sure bmw wont really bother investigating, Just fix and say goodbye as he drives off

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEYBMW1 View Post
Yes I am really upset about this now as I could of been killed I just don't get how this could bend like this ,its supposed to be a bloody thoroughbred for Gods sake ,the worst thing was also that I could not use the bmw assist as it told me I had to have it registered?

buddy, buddy, buddy...

thank god you were ok. This could have been nasty... but IT WASN'T.... Your ok and the car is Ok to an extent. Just needs repair work.. For sure a car should never in its whole serviceable life have a failure like this.

Thats all that matters right now. Now we need to know why the hell it failed...