05-02-2013, 10:38 AM   #142
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetblackcoupe View Post
Exhaust is installed

i don't have access to a good camera, so i won't take videos yet. the iphone doesn't pick up the sound of the exhaust at all. all youtube videos sound nothing like the exhaust in person

i have the gen 2 HPF with CP-E catless downpipes (so it's a fully catless system)

procede obviously prevents any dash lights from appearing. there is definitely that signature catless smell whenever the engine is running. it's strong but i like it.

the. sound. is. amazing. it is LOUD. there is no rasp AT ALL when warm, and i haven't really floored it when the engine is cold for obvious reasons. I don't know how they did it, but it's perfect for anyone who wants a loud exhaust setup without sounding like a civic. i wasn't gonna pay thousands for an exhaust barely louder than stock, there's no point. if you want loud with no rasp, the fully catless HPF gen 2 setup is for you.

there is, of course, a price for this.. and that would be the drone. from 2500-3000 RPM, the drone is significant. With windows down in 6th gear in the highway going 75-80, it can and will get annoying to most people. i personally do not mind the drone, and if i do, i simply close the windows.. but there is drone. the middle compartment in the back seat will rattle like crazy... i'm probably gonna try the tennis ball method soon.

one other problem i ran into was the tips. the exhaust isn't very adjustable, and the tips are not centered in their respective bumper cutouts. has anyone else had this problem? it's not a big deal, and i'll keep looking for ways to fix it.

this exhaust turns heads. it is loud. you will wake people up on a cold start. i like it though

i will post videos when i get a hold of better equipment. if anyone has questions, let me know!
Good info here! Glad you're enjoying it.
Appreciate 0