04-05-2008, 01:07 PM   #92
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdaveyg View Post
Hi,

I am also a little confused. I am collecting my 318d here in the UK on Wednesday. Does anybody know if the UK/Euro cars come pre wired as well?

I am just interested in getting bluetooth working, no sos or assist. I do not have i-drive so is it just the case of getting the ULF and getting my dealer to enable it?

Would i also need to get a mic and is antenna that is included with the TCU from Bimmernav required for the ULF? (what is antenna required for?)

Im not worried about the voice command not being in english, as long as the steering wheel buttons work. Ive never seen bluetooth in a BMW before, do the numbers come up on the stereo display when someone calls, and is the phone book accessed via the stereo too.

Thanks in advanced or your help
Check the list of options in your car for Option 640, Telephone Pre-wire. AFAIK, no Euro BMW has that option standard, as it is in the USA. Not even in Canada that option is standard...

In Europe you can get the ULF (Bluetooth only module) in English by just ordering it at your UK dealer. The issue here in the USA and the ULF being in German seems to be a matter of USA dealer programming support (the ULF module is not an USA part) than the ULF itself being only issued in German.
Appreciate 0