NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: IS 300

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuban335i View Post
I was very young when I got my 335i and I didn't have the same mindset I have now. Back then, I loved the 335i due to its easy tune ability and the huge aftermarket support in comparison to the M3 (back then there wasn't as much stuff for the M3). To say the least, it wasn't at all about the fact that I couldn't afford the M3.

The Cayman R is $66k. And I don't think it is overpriced at all. The seats, interior, engine placement, driving feel, etc are superior to the M3. And it has 2 trunks. The only reason the M3 would ever be better is if you need 4 seats IMO.

And I'm looking into the C63 coupe, 911 GT3, 911 C4S/C2S, Cayman R, and Z06 as my next car (I plan to buy next summer)... and all of them are N/A, so I don't know what you are talking about that no performance cars are N/A anymore.

Yea I still think the CL65 is overpriced. It is a BOAT. With all that power, it is relatively slow because it weighs right around 5,000 pounds (what kind of "sports"-luxury car weighs that much besides bentleys?). For that money you are in Ferrari, Bentley, and Lamborghini territory. On top of that you can get a Porsche Panamera Turbo S for $176k and it blows it out of the water performance wise with a much smaller engine. I've seen F430 Scuds for under 200k with less than 5k miles, brand new Lamborghini's and Bentley's are under 200k. I would take any of those cars over a CL65 ANY DAY. Bottom line, they are overpriced compared to cars in their segment.

AND I don't think the Zonda is overpriced at all. They are MASTERPIECES. My favorite cars. It would be really tough for me to choose between a McLaren F1 and a Zonda R, which shows how much I love Zondas.
I was just pulling your chain about the can't afford M3 thing. I was talking more about the New M5, MP4, ZR1, 1M, noble, CCX, Some AMGs s.. Because of the benefits you get with MPGs you will see more N/A disappearing.

The AMGs have a lot of power and have a lot of luxury in them, also back seats, trunks just a great combo.

And as for Zonda its an amazing car and was kidding about that car too..

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0