07-06-2012, 01:06 PM   #1
mistryn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D

How to replace MAP sensor on E92 335D

Following on from my previous thread found here –
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=714110

This is a how to replace your MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor)
This took me 15 minutes to do

Tools required –
• Hex screwdriver (cant remember what size)
• Needle nose pliers
• Flat headed screwdriver

First thing you will need the MAP sensor, I bought this from BMW for £32. With the part number you will get a MAP sensor with a rubber grommet. I thought it did not come with the grommet so I ordered it separately as it was not clear on realoem.

Please check on realoem if you have a different model for the part number.

Lift and pull 4 tabs up

Top cover will come off

The lower part will need to come out and is held in with 3 clip tabs, I gave it a sharp tug towards me. You may have to use a flat heat headed screwdriver to push tab down and pull

Undo the 5 hex bits shown to remove the cover. Take off the oil filler cap and replace after to prevent anything falling in. You will need to lift upwards and pull towards you and the cover should slide out

Sensor is located under the cover where the red arrow is

If you look to the top right towards the back of the inlet manifold (cylinder number 5) you will see the sensor. Unplug the connector by pressing down on the tab and gently pulling off the connector block.
Then you can pull off the sensor, there may be some resitance so use a flat headed screwdriver to prise it out (green arrow). Then use needle nose pliers to carefully remove the rubber grommet – you don’t need to replace the grommet but since I got a new one; might as well

Push on the new rubber grommet and sensor and connect the plug, and refit covers
Job done

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
(If you are not comfortable at doing this please get a professional to do it as I accept no responsibility)

Thanks for reading
Appreciate 0