View Single Post
      04-09-2008, 06:09 PM   #13
VGR00
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 430i Gran Coupe

While we are on the subject of insurance, I'd like to make people aware of my recent experiance with Alliance.

I've had 2 car policies for over 15 years on each with them. I've only ever made 1 not at fault claim with them over that time. When I changed my wheels over from 17" to 19" they told me they were no longer able to insure me. The only way they would continue to insure me was if the 19" wheels were factory standard fit or reluctantly if they were genuine BMW accessory. They gave me a big story on ow "Conservative" they are when it comes to modifications.

Thats OK cause I shopped around and found 3 other insurance companies cheaper. AAMI had the cheapest premium but I ended up going with Suncorp as I bundled up both car policies with my existing home and contents.

Shame Allianz .... Shame..... I would have thought they needed more customers like me who never made claims.

As for AAMI, my son is insured with them and when he wrote off his Lancer last year, they were very quick to sort out the paperwork and pay us out. Good experiance with them all round.

So ... the moral of the story ....... If you are insured with Allianz and made modifications to your car without notifying them then you might not actually be insured. Better make sure any modifications are noted on your policy.
Appreciate 0