View Single Post
      03-14-2007, 04:04 AM   #24
Slaz
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 330d SE Montego Blue

Garage List
Thanks for that Raggie - will go back and see if they will match the price from my friendly independent car electronics installer, although I doubt it!

I was debating the merits of Tracker last night with my GF and she thinks that if the car was ever stolen that they are likely to trash it/thrash it a bit anyway, so why would you want it back. My answer was that many desirable cars like new BMWs are stolen to order, hence the crims would try and keep it in good nick! The reality is you can't predict what would happen.

Now investigating one of those collapsible security posts to block the car in on the drive when we are both away on holiday etc.. Sadly I don't have a garage for it (well not one that would fit it in!)

Anyway, I'm going off topic...

Vines of Guildford are good in my experience.

Wood in Hampshire (Odiham) are to be avoided. Had a bad experience with one of their barrow-boy style sales people (who shall remain nameless). I had enquired about whether he could match the coast 2 coast price I was quoted and after much tooing and fro-ing and the usual "I wouldn't normally do this but seeing as its you..." he said they could. I said thanks and that I would think it over and get back to him if I wanted to proceed. In the meantime Vines gave me an even better discount and I placed my order with them.

On being called back by him and informing said salesman that I wouldn't be placing the order with him he went ballistic and said that I'd lied to him, that he'd been shafted, that he'd really gone out on a limb with his boss etc... He repeatedly called me a liar and then hung up on me!:mad:

Totally unprofessional. I work in business development and in my job if a customer takes his business elsewhere then its okay to say you're disappointed but the important thing is to close on good terms and keep the door open for him to come back to you later on. Behaving like a spoilt brat only shoots yourself in the foot.

As a result no-one in my family or circle of friends will go near Wood again. My brother may be in the market for a new M3 next year but Wood are definitely off his list!
Appreciate 0