View Single Post
      09-05-2011, 11:08 PM   #136
ShowTime12
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFish View Post
I have a question.... why put larger with rims on the front of the car (9") and still run a 235 - 1 size larger than stock? (same goes for the rear).

Other than looks... it certainly looks nice... the front especially nice fitment on the 359.

Is there a performance benefit? I guess it increases the front track a bit.

I want more RUBBER on the front of the car - that demands a 9" rim - but I want a 255 or 265 on the front like Dinan has managed to do.

QUESTION: Has anybody tried to put a 255 on the 9" 359 and put that on the front of the car and see if it would fit? I believe you would need the M3 wishbones and camber plates for the added camber to do this.
I have a e90 330i and I think I can put a 255/35 up front without a problem at stock sport height but I like the slight stretch look of the 245/35. 328i and 330i have more room up front since there are no oil coolers like on 335i.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkish335 View Post
you would certainly need additional camber and may need the front fenders pulled as well. The front rubbed notoriously when I had my car lower, even with 235s up front.
Where were your fronts rubbing when you dropped the car? I'm planning on dropping my car and have 245/35 in front.

Any more pics of your car from the front? I'm loving the M3 front without fogs. Might get that with a carbon fiber lip as my next mod.
Appreciate 0