meepster
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '07 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbass524
Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
It doesn't have to be if you're well prepared and ready to go with an organization that values safety more than the bottom line, and above all know your limit, but it's still the one track that I have seen more wrecked cars at than any other track here in California.

It's a track you absolutely need to show the utmost respect to, otherwise you're in a lot of trouble.
Well I completely agree with that.

OP, Make sure you have good instruction, take your time and drive well within your envelope. Also, have a blast.
JBass - what about BMW CCA, do they still run up there? I generally agree with your assessment of NASA, but I think its actually pretty good for beginners given they are really stepping up the safety piece this year wrt the yellow flag dismissals and just generally emphasizing it more. I always thought of it as pretty good for HPDE1, awful for 2 and then pretty good for 3+. The problem with 2 is that you're on track with the 1's and there are like 40+ cars on a very small track. IIRC, no cars lost so far this year in HPDE 1/2...
Appreciate 0