01-07-2009, 10:34 AM   #1
bmwak
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 440i M-Sport Gran Coupe

Diesel leak from rear of car help?

Hi All,

I appear to have diesel leaking from the right side of my car (the side where the fuel cap is). It comes from the bottom corner , just to the front of the rear right wheel. I have noticed that it only comes when the car is filled up full tank and it only seems to leak when this occurs. I know you shouldn’t but on some occasions I may have overfilled whereby I let the pump click a few times. I know there is an issue with some of the early models of these cars which don’t have a shroud on the fuel breather pipe, causing it to rub against something.

Having inspected it behind the arch liner you can see that the breather pipe end coming from the tank through a hole in the chassis has diesel leaking out of this hole towards the arch liner. This is wierd because the breather pipe faces tilts upwards. The pipe does have a shroud (so seems to have been replaced previously in its life) so am not sure if it is worth replacing this or not. It doesn’t seem like it could leak from anywhere else but that pipe. Does anyone know or had the same issue?

Thanks
Appreciate 0