Markus8291
Second Lieutenant
Austria
Rep
Drives: 2011 bmw 335i xdrive M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unklejoe View Post
It would probably never happen. This only seems to apply to N55s produced before Jan 2011, so the numbers probably wouldn't be high enough to make a blip on their radar. I was unlucky enough to get one made in October.

Even worse yet is that in 2012, the N55 went to a completely new fuel pump design. So I am willing to bet that the "HPEP" pump is the newest revision we will ever see. They obviously have up.

But then again, maybe they will issue a recall for the VANOS considering it is such a small number of cars (and this IS a safety concern after all).

But I would rather not wait to see lol.

It's a shame. I love everything about this car. If it weren't for this VANOS problem and the HPFP, it would be considered an extremely reliable platform if you ask me.
Build date on mine is 7/2010 so I have the same problem. I hate driving around with that in the back of my mind. My HPFP has already been replaced under warranty but the Vanos problem could be a lot more costly, especially out of warranty (which mine is in August) Maybe bombarding BMWNA with letters about this "safety concern" is worth a shot, at least to find out where they officially stand on the issue...