View Single Post
      02-07-2014, 09:21 AM   #9
camberadam
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 09 tasman green 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFactory View Post
Generally speaking you should, however, if the pinion is in good condition (which it should be considering the cars here are only a few years old at most), it should be ok to mate it with a new ring gear. You just need to make sure to break-in the new setup (around 500 miles or so) before you do any aggressive driving.

If this is not the case (i.e we find that the pinion gear is very worn, even on a relatively new car, we will make the pinion as well. This will add a little cost, but not much more, probably an extra $100 or thereabouts)

Yes, we are also looking into the bearings & seals. Just looking into all the various part numbers required.
typically, what do you feel is the threshold for pinion replacement? 50k miles? 75K? 100K? personally i am approaching 60k & my car is an 09. i'm sure others are closer or above 100k miles.

also when you refer to your services (rebuilding/inspection/shipping/etc) & a dedicated rwd section at your facility are you refering to your UK locatioin or Calif location? personally i have always been leary of dealing w/ internation companies because of horror stories you hear regarding shipping or payment issues, but your professionalism is somewhat reassuring.
Appreciate 0