01-20-2013, 09:50 PM   #56
135i_vs_
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5, 135i, 335d, F10 550xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedaDiesel_335D View Post
My EGR valve was replaced only 500 miles before this ordeal, so I'm sure most of the carbon buildup occurred before that. If someone could convince me that the new EGR valve would correct/significantly reduce carbon buildup, I may stop my search for a new car. I must have asked the SA 10 times (we talked a lot over the 3+ weeks they were correcting the problem) about preventing the buildup and he never mentioned the new EGR. I tend to put 20 - 25k miles a year on my cars and would love to keep this one a while.
Thanks for sharing your experience! I just emailed my SA after reading your post.

The 335d I purchased started having injector code problems since 44k. The updated EGR was installed only recently. So far BMW replaced injectors only to have the problem come back. They even installed a new DME 3k miles ago.
You would think this issue would be made aware by BMW NA to every BMW Service shops by now. My SA was thinking maybe someone put gas in the past. What bs.

As far as the EGR update and carbon build up; when I asked the tech if my car has carbon build up? His response "no it shouldn't, you have the latest EGR update..." What he failed to realize is that the car got the update only recently. The carbon build up damage is from all the previous miles before the update.

Very useful that we share knowledge and experiences.
Appreciate 0