04-30-2007, 06:36 AM   #51
docbeemer
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 SG 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merli View Post
To be honest, I can't remember what he used, but I'm 100% sure it wasn't generic stuff like Meguiars. I have a tub of S100 (same as P21s apparently, but you can get it at Harley Davidson dealers much more readily in Australia) and it's definitely great stuff! Easy to apply and fantastic results

Martin (owner operator) is extremely.......... eccentric He is anal beyond belief about detailing cars. He does it in his own garage and literally lives and breathes detailing. When I dropped my car off there, he had about 8 cars in his garage, including a red Ferrari 360 (this was a few years ago) that he moved out to get my car in ... there was this 60's Rolls Royce with its ENTIRE leather interior wrapped in glad wrap and some kind of product "feeding" the leather for 2 weeks to moisturize the hide.... He has all the different kinds of lighting to bring out the different types of paint defects...

The list goes on... Blew me away!

I had my Midnight Purple GTR done before an SAU Show 'n Shine and it went in *covered* in swirl marks, acid rain etchings, etc etc... It came out flawless. I really mean flawless. The paint looked brand new, and I was left speechless. It took him 2 days and cost me about $400-ish? He even organised a paintless dent removal guy to fix a small dent he found. He is a perfectionist to the true sense of the word.

Not something you want done all the time, but once a year would definitely be worth a full day treatment if you have a dark coloured car like your carbon black...

PM me if you want his details. You can give him a call to find out what products he uses.

P.S. Sorry for not calling you, but I have decided to order a Sapphire Black on Coral Red 335i, so I don't need to see the Montego... I'm a glutton for punishment, but it's about time I did another black car Problem is, that the M-Sport option won't be available until September (guesstimate from BMW Sydney), but I'm going in next week to make sure I'm first on the list )

Does anyone know of someone like this in Melbourne?