View Single Post
      01-20-2011, 02:43 PM   #1084
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Correct.

There must be a "on/off switch" to code. And in the specific Random case there is no switch/variable that I can find in the CIC TRC file (for example) that can be modified -as most of the other radio/CD functions- so it can remember its last position. However, and by the same token, you can find a variable that remembers the last recirculation mode of the climate control, so you do not have to push that button everytime you get in your car. The last setting will be active the next time you turn the car on.

So, yes, I can see why some members can take one thing and run to the endzone with it. Just make sure that it is understood what NCS Expert does and what the limits of the TRC file contents are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txusa03 View Post
I agreed with you and you made a very valid point. However, in your case you are looking at "Random" as a low level algorithm where the computer generate a random sequence of number which is one way to built a random algorithm.

On the other hand, Random is also a function of way for playback vs continuous playback. I was only refering to Random as a function of the CD stereo playback. If you select the Random function while listening to CD, once you get to your destination and turn off the car, then you come back and start the car again, the stereo does not keep the Random in memory as the last function you selected. If there is a fuction to turn on/off last Cd palyback, then you can certainly code this.

The question is, did BMW provide this as an available function in the stereo module.
Appreciate 0