View Single Post
      06-06-2007, 12:53 PM   #112
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Good questions Bartman. As far as using a clay bar prior to the Z-AIO, the better you prep the surface, the better results you are going to get. The clay will help remove any previous coats of protection as well as thoroughly removing embedded contamination. This will allow the Z-AIO to perform to a maximum.

You do not have to clay though, especially if you have recently. Z-AIO will remove any previous coats of protection and put down a base coat to build off of.

Quick comparison on sealants vs waxes...

Sealants - longer durability
Wax - less durability, more depth and gloss usually (more of the "wet look")

When detailers use a sealant then a wax on top of it, they want the best of both worlds, long durability of the sealant underneath AND the deep, wet look of a carnauba on top.

For your clear bra, wash it regularly like you would your paint. I usually recommend a chemical polish with protection for clear bra's, something like Klasse All In One, which is non-abrasive. It will help keep it looking sharp as well as give it a layer of protection.

I'm surprised the Plexus dulled the finish, how did you use it? Did you shake it up very well before using it? I'll try to fine tune your process to get better results. I've never experienced it dulling a finish and I use it regularly on my laptop screen. Let me know.

Let me know how you make out.

George
Appreciate 0