thegrinchboy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 335xi, '18 X1, '21 M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 500e View Post
Hi - So I am about to purchase some Eibach springs and install them on my e90 335xi using the stock shocks (47k miles). Now I am seriously considering some upgraded shocks as well. The reason I was going to skip on the shocks was cost. Don't want to spend 5-600 on shocks right now.

What are the best shocks to pair with the eibachs in terms of ride comfort (softer ride, car is a daily driver is bumpy MA roads and will never be tracked). The goal is to lower the car while staying as soft and comfortable as possible. Or do you think I should just go with OEM shocks for a year or two, will that be comfortable? Once I know which shocks are best for my goal I'll research the price and see if its feasible.

Thanks.
Almost all after market shocks/struts will be firmer than OEM non-sport, but provide better handling. You could go with adjustable Koni Yellow or Koni FSD, or similarly Bilstein. You may want to search the threads for Eibach Pro springs and see what other people pair them with. I am in southern NH and installed Koni Yellow and Eibach Pro on my E90 335xi last month. Love the handling, but a little too low for me. See pics in your other post. Obviously height is subjective...

One other thing to considered is that if you just do the springs and not the shocks, you end up paying someone to take your car apart twice, unless of course, its a DYI project.

Last edited by thegrinchboy; 06-10-2013 at 03:57 PM..
Appreciate 0