Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [6.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonsingh View Post
oh mate that is AMAZING, i had 14 updates for my car, and then it refused to do it, and came up with a FRM fault. tried it again later, and it worked! also did the audible chirps on lock/unlock
Awesome - glad everything worked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeFKnoL View Post
Are there any warranty factors associated with this? Like, can it void any part of a BMW warranty?
Quote:
Originally Posted by philcriv View Post
Yea, does it mess with the factory warranty at all?
Technically - anything mod you perform to your BMW can have an adverse effect in regards to your warranty, it's a risk that you need to be willing to take. Programming or the use of convenience modules rarely results in anything that would ever require a dealer visit.

The autologic programming uses factory BMW code which is closely evaluated before release (we participate heavily through the years within their R&D in order to release new features to those within the autologic network).

Convenience modules are handy for more complicated features that BMW modules cannot perform or require the use of macros (in which a series of commands are performed at the same time). These can also be updated via USB by the end user and do not require a programming station.

Depending on personal preference - you do have choices. I would not let warranty paranoia will instantly ruin your overall driving experience.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0